Are you curious about how well your website is performing? Are you looking for ways to improve your website’s traffic and conversion rates? If so, then you need to conduct a website audit. This is the first step in improving your website’s performance. By auditing your website, you can identify areas for improvement and make changes that will help you achieve your business goals.
If you’re like most business owners, you probably don’t have the time to audit your website on a regular basis. That’s why it’s important to know how to do it properly, so you can catch any potential problems before they become major issues.
What Is a Website Audit?
A website audit is an analysis of a website to identify issues that may be preventing it from achieving its full potential. It is used to identify technical problems, content issues, and general user experience problems. There are many different types of website audits, but they all share the common goal of helping improve the overall performance of a website.
A website audit can also be used to benchmark a site’s performance against competitors. Many business owners overlook the im)portance of conducting a website audit, not realizing that doing so can help improve their search engine optimization (SEO) ranking, traffic, and sales.
Some common issues that a website audit can help identify include:
- Technical problems, such as broken, redundant, or dead links, and server errors
- Content issues, such as thin or duplicate content, keyword stuffing, and missing metadata
- User experience issues, such as poor navigation, slow page load times, and confusing design
Website audits can be conducted manually or with the help of specialized software. Manual audits are often more thorough, but they can be time-consuming, while automated audits can be less comprehensive, but they can provide a good overview of the most common issues.
What to Check During a Website Audit?
When performing a website audit, here are the things that you must do:
- Check your website’s performance. Are all of your pages loading quickly? If not, you may need to optimize your images, or invest in a faster web hosting plan.
- Evaluate your website’s design. Does your website design make it easy for visitors to find what they want? Is it optimized for mobile browsing? If not, consider making some changes to your navigation, or redesigning your site altogether.
- Check for broken links. Broken links can frustrate visitors and hurt your search engine ranking. Crawl your site with a tool like Screaming Frog to find any broken links.
- Evaluate your website’s content. Is your content relevant and engaging? If not, it may be time to freshen up your site with some new blog posts or landing pages.
Website Audit with Rohring Results
Do you think your website could benefit from a website audit? Are you not sure where to start? Our team of experts at Rohring Results can help!
We will conduct a thorough analysis of your website, and provide you with expert insights, solutions and tools. We will make sure that you significantly increase your chances of achieving your goals and desired results for your business.
Contact us today, and we’ll be more than happy to help your business grow.