I already have a business page, why do I need a group too? This is a question that many business owners ask all the time…and the real question is- Are you getting the engagement you are looking for? Facebook groups to grow your engagement by creating a social environment free of the “selling feeling” and allow potential clients to get to know, like, and trust so they can eventually do business with you.
First, let’s go over all the aspects of Facebook and how it relates to your business.
We are going to set a visual scene to give you a sense of the interworkings and help you to understand how it all works together.
You have a house (that’s your business). It’s a beautiful home with great landscaping, paint, and decorations! As people drive by they look at your house they think, wow, they have a clean house with personality (this is your Business Page representing your branding). Most people aren’t going to stop by and have a conversation with you in your front yard…they are more likely to drive by and give you a call if they want/need something in the future!
Your backyard (your Facebook Group) is where your parties and get-togethers are! People can get to your backyard party by going through your side yard or through your house (your website or retail space). For any party to be successful there needs to be a host, activities to participate in and other people to interact with! The same holds true for using Facebook Groups to grow your engagement. You need to be a good host by providing activities and essentials (the reason for people to come over), give your attention to the guests, and allow other guests to feel the need to engage with each other! At a party, the host is never the one talking to everyone, the guests form their own smaller groups to have individual conversations!
Create a successful group by entertaining with education, questions, polls, news, tips/hacks, or a way for them all to post something that represents themselves! The more you entice them to interact with each other the more likely they will come back because they feel important and like they are making a difference or even being heard. People care about being needed or being helpful. Allow your members to experience this feeling and I guarantee they will return often to engage!
- As your group gains engagement, Facebook will naturally give your Business Page more exposure.
- Share once per week a post from your Business Page to your group to subconsciously remind them that you have a beautiful front yard that would love their attention 😉 Make sure this isn’t a sale-oriented post, but one that gives great value to your target audience!
- People who are in your group can be invited to like/follow your Business Page!
- Your company builds authority in the industry and trust with current and potential clients with the social proof concept.
- Your brand stays top of mind because they see you, your logo, your brand more often.
What Are Examples of Content That Does Well In Facebook Groups?
- Polls & voting on interests
- Asking for their opinion on specific topics/products/ideas
- Creating Challenges that they get to participate in
- Having them tag their businesses on a particular day in the comments of a post
- Giving shoutouts to the members who engage/participate the most
- Introducing new members
- News in their niche interests
- Tips or DIY techniques that fit into their interests
Try posing probable challenges that they may be facing to see what their ideas are to solve it.
Sharing something from a complementary group/page that would be valuable to the members (Bonus- creates good relationships with other Facebook Businesses). They will most likely share yours with theirs too!